Are you ready to dominate the soccer field this summer?
The scorching heat calls for the perfect pair of soccer shoes that will keep your feet cool, comfortable, and ready to score those winning goals.
But with so many options out there, how do you narrow down your choices?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
In this guide, we’ll explore the top soccer shoes recommended for summer play.
From the Mizuno Morelia Neo to the Asics DS Light X-Fly, we’ll break down the best options for you.
Stay tuned to make the right choice and elevate your game to new heights.
what soccer shoes to buy for summer
The best soccer shoes to buy for summer include the Mizuno Morelia Neo, Adidas 11Pro, Diadora DD-NA GLX 2, Nike Hypervenom Phantom, Nike Premier, and Asics DS Light X-Fly.
These shoes offer ventilation, comfort, and suitable traction for various surfaces.
Shoes to avoid are the Nike Mid-Cut Collar Boots, Puma evoSPEED 1.4 SL, Under Armour Clutchfit Force, Lotto Zhero Gravity IV, and Diadora Cambio MD PU due to lack of ventilation.
Potential recommendations include Adidas Gloro and new models from Adidas and New Balance.
Important factors to consider are a conical stud configuration, heat resistance for turf surfaces, and avoiding rubber or heat-trapping elements.
These recommended shoes range in price from $109.99 to $224.99.
The author encourages readers to share their opinions on top boot options for summer.
- Best soccer shoes for summer:
- Mizuno Morelia Neo
- Adidas 11Pro
- Diadora DD-NA GLX 2
- Nike Hypervenom Phantom
- Nike Premier
Asics DS Light X-Fly
These shoes offer:
Suitable traction for different surfaces
Shoes to avoid:
- Nike Mid-Cut Collar Boots
- Puma evoSPEED 1.4 SL
- Under Armour Clutchfit Force
- Lotto Zhero Gravity IV
Diadora Cambio MD PU (due to lack of ventilation)
- Adidas Gloro
New models from Adidas and New Balance
Important factors to consider:
- Conical stud configuration
- Heat resistance for turf surfaces
Avoiding rubber or heat-trapping elements
Recommended shoes range in price from $109.99 to $224.99.
Check this out:
💡 Did You Know?
1. Soccer shoes with cleats designed for firm ground can easily adapt to dry and hard summer fields, providing superior traction and stability to athletes.
2. Before the development of specialized soccer shoes, players would often wear work boots with added traction, such as nails or small tacks, to improve grip on the pitch.
3. In the early days of professional soccer, players played in heavy leather shoes that required breaking in and often caused discomfort during games in hot summer weather.
4. Adidas, a renowned sports brand, was the first to introduce screw-in studs in soccer shoes, revolutionizing the game and allowing players to adjust their footwear to accommodate different field conditions during summer.
5. The concept of different soccer shoe styles and designs for different positions on the field is relatively new, as traditionally, all players would wear the same type of plain, black shoes, regardless of their position or playing style.
Recommended Boots For Summer Soccer
When it comes to playing soccer in the summer, choosing the right pair of boots is crucial for comfort and performance on the field. The following boots have been carefully selected as top recommendations for the summer season:
Mizuno Morelia Neo: With its low-cut lace system and mesh tongue, the Mizuno Morelia Neo offers excellent ventilation to keep your feet cool during intense summer matches. It provides breathability, comfort, and lightweight support.
Adidas 11Pro: The Adidas 11Pro is a classic choice for many soccer players due to its reliable performance. Perfect for the summer, it features a thick outsole that helps to keep heat away from your feet. This ensures comfortable play on scorching hot turf surfaces.
Diadora DD-NA GLX 2: The Diadora DD-NA GLX 2 incorporates the innovative “Net-Breathing System” that allows air to flow through the boot while preventing water from entering. This unique feature makes it an ideal choice for summer games, especially in humid conditions where breathability is essential.
Nike Hypervenom Phantom: Known for its versatility and suitability for all surfaces, the Nike Hypervenom Phantom boasts outstanding performance features and excellent breathability in the upper. This ensures that your feet stay cool and dry even during the hottest summer matches.
Nike Premier: If you prefer a classic and simple design, the Nike Premier is the boot for you. It is suitable for both FG (firm ground) and AG (artificial ground) surfaces, offering reliable performance with a focus on comfort and breathability.
Asics DS Light X-Fly: Designed for comfort with its low-profile stud configuration, the Asics DS Light X-Fly is suitable for both FG and AG surfaces, ensuring versatility during summer matches. Popular among soccer players, it prioritizes comfort and breathability.
Mizuno Morelia Neo
- Adidas 11Pro
- Diadora DD-NA GLX 2
- Nike Hypervenom Phantom
- Nike Premier
- Asics DS Light X-Fly
Not Recommended Boots
While there are plenty of great options for summer soccer boots, it’s important to steer clear of certain boots that lack ventilation or other essential features. The following boots are not recommended for summer games:
Nike Mid-Cut Collar Boots (Magista Obra and Mercurial Superfly): Although these boots offer a unique design and performance features, they lack proper ventilation. The mid-cut collar restricts airflow, making them uncomfortable during hot weather conditions.
Puma evoSPEED 1.4 SL: This particular Puma model should be avoided for summer soccer due to its lack of breathability. The boot’s design does not prioritize ventilation, which can lead to discomfort and overheating on the field.
Under Armour Clutchfit Force: The Under Armour Clutchfit Force features a rubberized layer on top, resulting in poor ventilation. This can cause excessive sweating and discomfort, especially in the summer heat.
Lotto Zhero Gravity IV: The Lotto Zhero Gravity IV is another boot with minimal ventilation, making it unsuitable for summer games. Poor breathability can lead to sweaty feet and decreased comfort during play.
Diadora Cambio MD PU: The Diadora Cambio MD PU is not recommended for summer soccer due to various factors. The lack of breathability and ventilation in the boot can result in discomfort and overheating, making it an unfavorable choice in hot weather conditions.
Apart from the recommended boots mentioned above, there are a few other potential options for the summer season that have not been tested by the author but might fall into the recommended bracket:
1. Adidas Gloro: Although no further details are provided about the Adidas Gloro, this boot has the potential to be a suitable choice for summer soccer. It is worth considering, especially if you prefer Adidas as a brand.
2. New models from Adidas and New Balance: It is important to keep an eye out for new releases from these two brands. While they have not been specifically tested by the author, they may offer innovative features and technology that make them ideal for summer games.
- Adidas Gloro
- New models from Adidas and New Balance
Important Factors To Consider
When selecting soccer boots for summer games, it is important to consider the following factors to ensure optimal performance and comfort:
1. Conical stud configuration: Opt for boots with a conical stud configuration, as this provides balanced traction on dry FG surfaces. This configuration enhances stability and agility during matches.
2. Heat resistance for turf surfaces: If you frequently play on turf surfaces, look for boots that can effectively withstand and dissipate heat. This feature prevents your feet from getting too hot and uncomfortable while playing.
3. Breathable upper: Choose boots with a simple upper design that allows for proper airflow. It is advisable to avoid boots with rubber or other elements that can trap heat and moisture, as this can lead to discomfort and blisters.
4. Materials: Consider boots made from leather or modern microfiber synthetics. These materials are known for their breathability and durability, making them excellent choices for summer soccer.
- Opt for boots with a conical stud configuration for balanced traction on dry FG surfaces.
- Look for boots that can withstand and dissipate heat effectively when playing on turf surfaces.
- Choose boots with a breathable upper design to allow for proper airflow and prevent discomfort.
- Consider boots made from leather or modern microfiber synthetics for their breathability and durability.
It is important to carefully consider these factors when selecting soccer boots for summer games as they can significantly impact your performance and comfort on the field.
The recommended boots for summer soccer mentioned above range in price from $109.99 to $224.99. It’s important to consider your budget and compare the features and benefits of each boot within your price range. Remember, investing in quality soccer boots can significantly impact your performance and overall enjoyment of the game.
Reader Opinions On Top Boot Options
Now that you’ve read through the expert recommendations, we want to hear from you, our readers. Share your opinions on the top boot options for summer games. Have you tried any of the recommended boots? Which ones have provided you with the best experience on the field? Let us know in the comments section below and join the conversation on the best soccer shoes for summer!
How do I know what soccer shoes to buy?
When it comes to buying soccer shoes, there are several factors to consider. Firstly, it is crucial to ensure that you get the right fit. This will provide maximum comfort and prevent any discomfort or potential injuries during play. Additionally, considering the ground type is essential, as different types of soccer shoes are specifically designed for different playing surfaces. Taking note of the upper material is also important, as it affects durability and touch on the ball. The proper padding in the shoe is necessary for cushioning and support, especially for players who engage in regular high-impact movements. Choosing between a loose or firm collar depends on personal preference and can affect ankle stability. Paying attention to stud design is vital, as it affects traction and movement on the field. Considering your play position is crucial, as different positions require specific features such as speed, control, or stability. Lastly, the aesthetics of the shoes should not be overlooked, as finding a pair that you like can boost confidence and motivation on the field.
What are the best shoes to wear for playing soccer?
When it comes to playing soccer, the best shoes to wear would largely depend on the playing surface. For most players who predominantly play on grass, regular cleats such as molded or blades would be the ideal choice. These cleats provide superior traction and stability, allowing you to maneuver and make quick turns on the grass with ease. Even for those playing on well-maintained long turf, the same molded or blades cleats would work just fine, making them the most popular choice among soccer players worldwide. The distinction between molded and blades lies in the design of the shoe’s sole, providing options for players to cater to their individual preferences and playing conditions.
What does FG mean in soccer cleats?
FG in soccer cleats stands for Firm Ground. These cleats are specifically designed for use on natural grass surfaces. They feature non-removable studs which are either bladed or conical in shape. However, it is important to note that FG cleats should never be used on turf as the hard TPU sole plate and longer studs can pose a risk of injury to the feet.
What cleats should I get for soccer?
When it comes to soccer cleats, the type you should get depends on the type of surface you will be playing on. If you primarily play indoor soccer, it is recommended to go for cleats with flat rubber soles to maximize traction on the indoor surface. On the other hand, if you play outdoors or on artificial turf, opting for cleats with studs on the sole will provide better grip and allow you to dig into the ground for more stability during your games. Ultimately, selecting the appropriate cleats that match the playing surface will contribute to your performance and overall enjoyment on the field.Related posts